Swallowtail butterflies feeding on our butterfly bushes.
It is so easy to slip into a relaxed, laid back mentality when summer is here. Here at By the Bay Botanicals we often find ourselves gravitate towards doing things outdoors. Tend our gardens, play with our dogs a little more, and find inspiration for new candle scents and names. There is something rejuvenating and energetic being outside of the office and workshop than in. Here's 5 ideas we find may allow you to enjoy the great outdoors more anytime of day.
1. Instead of eating your lunch at your office, at least one day a week brown back it or get carryout at a local deli. Find a nearby park, street bench, etc. and enjoy.
2. Skip lunch and just go out for a walk. You can always have lunch at your desk.
3. In the evening, around sunset time, fix a glass of lemonade or iced tea and just sit on your front stoop or in your back yard and watch the birds or the beautiful colors of the setting sun.
4. Can't get out? Bring flowers in. Pick fresh flowers from your garden, get a $5.00 -10.00 bouquet at the grocery store, or make a mini potted garden and have it at your desk at work or for your dining room table.
5. Go to local farmer's markets. Supporting local farmers and get healthy at the same time. There are tons a recipes out there for side dishes as well as vegitarian meals involving fresh fruits and veggies. Try making cucumber salad, grilled squash, corn on the cob, deviled eggs with fresh herbs, salads with fresh veggies and light vinaigrette... the lists go on. (you can even have the leftovers for lunch).
Have a tip to add, use our comment button. Feel free to share this blog post with your friends too!
- Michelle Sholund, owner of By the Bay Botanicals
I am the owner of By the Bay Botanicals. We want to stay connected to you, and through this blog we aim to share with you tips and tricks to buying and burning candles as well as read up on what goes on behind the scenes at By the Bay Botanicals. Feel free to comment, and comment often as well as share with your friends and family.
Wish to contact me directly about questions or comments, visit our contact page.